Office: Bioinformatics 263
Dr. Shannon Schlueter received his Ph.D. in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology from Iowa State University in 2006. Subsequently, he worked as a postdoctoral research assistant at Purdue University before accepting a faculty position in the department of computer and information technology at Purdue. In June of 2009, Dr. Schlueter joined the faculty in the Department of Bioinformatics and Genomics at UNC-Charlotte.
Degree: Ph.D.; Iowa State University (2006)
- Kane MD, Springer JA, Iannotti NV, Gough ES, Johns SM, Schlueter SD, Sepulve (2008). Identification of Development and Tissue-Specific Gene Expression in the Fathead Minnow Pimephales promelas, Rafinesque using Computational and DNA Microarray Methods. Journal of Fish Biology, 72:2341-2353.
- Schlueter JA, Lin J, Schlueter SD, Vasylenko-Sanders IF, Deshpande S, Yi J, O'Bleness M, Roe BA, Nelson RT, Scheffler BE, Jackson SA, Shoemaker RC. (2007) Genome duplication and paleopolyploidy in soybean and the implications for whole genome sequencing. BMC Genomics, 8:330.
- Schlueter JA, Vaslenko-Sanders IF, Deshpande S, Yi J, Siegfried M, Roe BA, Schlueter SD, Scheffler BE, Shoemaker RC. (2007) The FAD2 gene family of soybean: Insights into the structural and functional divergence of a paleoplyploid genome. Crop Science, 47 (1): S14-S26
- Schlueter SD, Wilkerson MD, Dong Q, Brendel V. (2006) xGDB: open-source computational infrastructure for the integrated evaluation and analysis of genome features. Genome Biol., 7(11):R111.
- Schlueter JA, Scheffler BE, Schlueter SD, Shoemaker RC. (2006) Sequence conservation of homeologous bacterial artificial chromosomes and transcription of homeologous genes in soybean (Glycine max L. Merr.). Genetics., 174(2):1017-28.
- Wilkerson MD, Schlueter SD, Brendel V. (2006) yrGATE: a web-based gene-structure annotation tool for the identification and dissemination of eukaryotic genes. Genome Biol., 7(7):R58.
- Dong Q, Lawrence CJ, Schlueter SD, Wilkerson MD, Kurtz S, Lushbough C, Brendel V. (2005) Comparative plant genomics resources at PlantGDB. Plant Physiol., 139:610-618.
- Schlueter SD, Wilkerson MD, Huala E, Rhee SY, Brendel V. (2005) Community-based gene structure Annotation. Trends Plant Sci., 10:9-14.
- Dong Q, Schlueter SD, Brendel V. (2004) PlantGDB, plant genome database and analysis tools. Nucleic Acids Res., 32:D354-359.
- Zhu W, Schlueter SD, Brendel V. (2003) Refined annotation of the Arabidopsis genome by complete expressed sequence tag mapping. Plant Physiol., 132:469-484.