Admission Requirements for M.S. in Bioinformatics Program:
In addition to the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School, the following are required for study toward a Master's of Science in Bioinformatics: Under most circumstances, students admitted to the program will have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or another related field that provides a sound background in life sciences, computing, or both.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) and 3.0 in the major.
- A minimum combined score of 300 (new GRE format) or 1000 (old GRE format) on the verbal and quantitative portions of the GRE, and acceptable scores on the analytical and discipline-specific sections of the GRE.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Statement of purpose
**For International Applicants**
- A combined TOEFL score of 220 computer-based, 557 paper-based, or 83 Internet-based is required if the previous degree was from a country where English is not the common language.